TICAP, The Hague, March 15th 2010

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Truth Seeker

Hi bloggers
I was alerted to another bloggers plaintive cry for balanced information on the risk to him or her of smoking 5 cigs a day. The beginning of my response is below. If you are willing to help, I would suggest as many of us as possible provide our views.

"I believe you raise an important point: How do you decide what to do for you own good? You suggest that the available information is tainted by agenda and I agree absolutely. I would also say however that the nature of scientific evidence is however very inexact and will never be able to direct one individual's personal choices with any level of certainty. So the influence of agenda is an additional complication. So that's the short answer, nobody knows the whole picture! There are simply too many variables."

Here is the link to the blog...The Truth Seeker