TICAP, The Hague, March 15th 2010

Monday, February 20, 2006

Loraine Says

I wholeheartedly agree with you - there are too many individuals fighting this ban but there needs to be one central office dealing with it - but quickly. The main problem seems to be getting everyone involved. The only thing I can think of is National News coverage, but what media group is likely to take us on with the constant threat of Political Correctness.

I am one of those who is devoting my spare time to this but I keep going off at tangents with the replies I am getting from the few supporters who have emailed me.

Everyone seems to have plenty of individual ideas but how do we get them all together under one mainframe?

I have been busy going through the Who;s Who of "The Publican" but of the 130 or so emails I have sent so far - only 13 have replied, albeit mainly grateful publicans who want to put up a fight. Unfortunately English Folk are too soft and take anything thrown at them with a shrug of their shouders so that may account for the lack of replies. But I will carry on and send out as many as I can each day.

I will be quite happy to write to Newspapers and the like if you think it will be of use. What I don't know is whether this has been tried before as I am quite new to this. I am willing to send out survey forms, but when I find that there is 6000 pubs in a radius of 20 miles of me, who foots the bill for the postage?

I have located a publican who runs a website supplying crossword puzzles to publicans and the public - He has a database of 30000 email addresses and has offered to send a notice out for me with his newslatters - Maybe that would be a real good start.